May 1, 2017

May Tic Tac Toe Stash Challenge ~ Guest Designer Jinny Newlin

Hello and welcome to our blog!
Today we are revealing our
May Tic Tac Toe Stash Challenge
as well as introducing you to our 
April  Guest Designer.

Here's this month's board...

THE CHALLENGE:
Create a layout and you must use all three items from any horizontal, vertical or diagonal row. 

EXAMPLE:
Middle row down, your layout must include
PhotoPlay Paper, Cloud (s), and Tickets(s)
When posting your layout, you must include in your write up, which row you used, 
to be considered for the random prize drawing.

Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries are due: May 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Here's the prize you are playing for this month...
FORTHCOMING


And now we are excited to introduce to our 
May Guest Designer
Jinny Newlin
"My family and I live in a small suburb of Kansas City, Kansas, just over an hour and a half north of where I grew up. I am a former kindergarten teacher turned adoring wife, of 15 years, to BJ and stay-at-home, homeschool mom to Ezekiel (13), Adina (8), and Kaden (3). When I’m not taking care of or playing with my family, you can find me cooking, baking, gardening, sewing, taking pictures, blogging at Soaring, and of course, paper crafting. My love for the latter started, over fourteen years ago, at a Stampin’ Up workshop; but I have been creating with any and every form of crafting media, that I could get my hands on, since I was old enough to hold a crayon. I’ve been honored to have had a number of published works of art, as well as to get to design for some of my most favorite manufacturers and challenge blogs, which currently include Poppystamps, Pretty Little Studio, Creative Scrappers, and The Studio; and I’m just thrilled to have the privilege of guest designing this month with the talented ladies here at Scrap Our Stash. I hope that I can inspire you all to get creating."
Blog Link:http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2017/05/guest-designing-with-scrap-our-stash.html

GDT Jinny has created this stunning layout inspired by the challenge to get you motivated...
"Oh The Places You'll Go"
Jinny:
"I used a journal card, which I absent-mindedly turned into 
a tag, the color yellow, and 3+ pattern papers 
for a vertical tic-tac-toe down the left side of the board. 
 Most of the elements seen here came from my April Citrus Twist Sophie Main Kit; and I couldn’t help tying in a couple of cut files to coordinate with this pic of my daughter reading, on the swing, in our backyard."

Inspired by Jinny's layout and/or the challenge, we would love for you to play along with us!

Return tomorrow for more May Tic Tac Toe Stash Challenge inspiration from our Design Team.
Have an awesome week!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, ladies! I'm honored! Can't wait to see what everyone cooks up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are honored to have you as our guest Jinny! You are such an amazing designer! Thank you for supporting SOS!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jinny for being our May Guest Designer. Such a fab design page. Love all your work. Huggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun challenge! Had to play this month! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Challenges, which I thoroughly enjoyed
    Thanks
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I created my layout using my daughters pictures when they visited san Francisco. I used kiwi lane Templates,three patter paper, vellum in clear, blue and pink and i used tickeys of places they visited

    ReplyDelete