November 3, 2011

November Recipe Challenge by Kathryn


Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this layout for the November Recipe Challenge.  She said:

Well this was a fantastic challenge!! I was so stuck at first – only 2 patterned papers!! I usually always use patterned paper as a background as well as for all my embellishing as I’m not that keen on bare space – eek what to do! Eventually I used some very lightly patterned paper and added stamped bubble wrap in pink and blue inks to create my own background.
So my receipe:
1 piece plain cardstock – the blue strip behind the photos
2 patterned papers – two pieces of Basic Grey Euphoria papers. I’ve used some of this to make my flower as well.
3 photos – Emma eating pizza painted as a butterfly
4 word or 4 letter title – Just a Perfect Butterfly!
5 embellishments – butterflies, paper flowers, bling pearls, organza flower, clear gems
We hope everyone has fun with this one! 

Now it's your turn to take the November Recipe Challenge. You have two choices

Follow this recipe:
5 embelishments (flowers, buttons, etc)
4 words or letters in your title
3 pictures
2 pattern papers
1 solid paper
or
You can do a layout containing a recipe - maybe one of your family's favorite Thanksgiving dish or a family recipe.

To participate in the November Recipe Challenge - just complete a project using one of the challenges mentioned above and email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com    All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on November 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of January. This challenge ends at midnight central time on November 30thPosted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the painted (misted?) background and the title work is awesome. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! Love the colors, and the bubble wrap background. It's perfect for this! What cute photos. Job well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful layout! I like the variety of the title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn; I like yor "selfmade" pink dotted paper - I bet you did it with bubble-plastic. And the title goes with the pictures... cute!

    La Vikinga, guest-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the mixed letter title!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout - like your background and the photos are lovely. The flower embellishment is very pretty too - I like the way you have put together differently coloured layers to make the flower. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - and the butterflies look like they may just fly off the page. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete