September 22, 2011

September Grid Challenge by Sindi


Design Team Member Sindi submitted this layout for the September Grid challenge.   She said: 

Here is my layout for the September grid challenge. I had the picture of my son from a few years ago and found I hadn't scrapped it yet (forsome strange reason). I started to do a large grid with his picture and patterned paper but decided on a small grid of squares instead. I accented the squares with rhinestones and stars. The orange background is fabric I picked up on clearance this past summer. I am happy with the way the small grid turned out. This layout was all orange and gold at first, but I decided it needed an accent color. Hence, the blue. It is a little out there in terms of color combinations (compared to what I normally do), but I found I liked the way it turned out.

Sindi

Now it's your turn to take the September GRID Challenge. See all the details HERE! 

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! i really love that fabric background and the smaller grid works so well on here. Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - The small squares with the embelishments are perfect - and the blue was just the right touch! And how cleaver to use fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phenomenal colours! Very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the smaller grid and how you accented the squares. The flourishes really accent the photo!

    ReplyDelete