December 9, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$


Design Team Member Missy submitted this Frugal Friday Tip.  She said, "Sometimes when I cut out stuff on my Cricut, I don't use it. Whether it's because of the size, color, or I don't like the font, I will save all of the mis-cuts. Then when I want to use that "ransom letter" look for my title I go through all my letters and use what ever I have already cut out.   This saves me some time and paper!  I used this tip in the title of my layout blastoff.

We would love to see a project that you have completed using this or one of our other Scrap Our Stash Frugal Friday Tips.  Just send a picture and a description telling us what tip you used to:  scrappinpsycho@live.com.  Your project will be shared here on the blog.  Do you have a frugal tip to share - submit your tip along with a picture to scrappinpsycho@live.com.  You could be featured in an upcoming Frugal Friday Tip.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. great tip and a great layout! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you great tip. I love, love this page, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! I always toss those, so now i'll save them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute page! I save stuff like that too. I can never bear to throw out what might become useful. It really paid off for you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH! This is the Third Time I've posted this comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I also do this, even though I don't have a cricut, I call these my oops letters (and other die cuts). I use to store them alphabetically, but got away from that. I not only use them on layouts, I also use them to help determine what size lettters will work on my layout - or what font or color work best. It saves having to cut more OOPS letters. I'll post a sample
    Later,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea. I also save the bits and pieces I don't use but then I forget where I put them!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip and I love the look of your title!

    ReplyDelete