June 19, 2010

June Challenge

Love You Card by Kimmarie

Posted by Picasa
Design Team Member Kimmaire submitted this card for the June challenge. The challenge is to stitch on a layout, card or anything scrappy. She said, "I chose to create a card with my new stamps. My scrap room was a bit of a mess so I didn't have time to dig out my sewing machine. I decided to hand stitch with floss. My first time, so I guess this could have fit in with May's "Out of the Box" challenge as well. I actually enjoyed the hand stitching and will definitely be doing it more. I did clean my room finally so I will be taking out my sewing machine to stitch on a layout or two for the rest of the month's projects. This card is made with "A Moment In Time" stamp set and "A Bit of Burlap" from the {ippity} Spring 2010 Collection. I think I may give this card to my husband for our anniversary in August. (maybe I will make it in another color, he isn't a big fan of pink. lol)

Supplies:
{ippity} A Moment in Time and A Bit of Burlap stamps sets Ippity in My Korner Bazzill Kraft cardstock
Stampin' Up cardstock and hemp twine
Floss
Stazon Brown Ink
Martha Stewart stamp/punch
Crystal Stickers

Do you stitch on any of you creations? Share them with us at SOS and we will be glad to upload it to the blog. Email Kathy at scrappinpsycho@live.com Be sure to read the post from June 1 and see the prize for a random contributor of June's Stitch Challenge donated by DT member Joni. "

7 comments:

  1. Love this card! The neutral colors are fabulous and the stitching and sentiment is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple elegance of your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I especially love the sentiment!

    And yes, pink might not be the best color for your hubby. If I were to do it I'd have to do it in sinnged deck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kraft color! super great card and the stitching really adds to it! Thanks for sharing Kimmarie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hand-stitching adds just the right amount of frame to the nestability. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card Kimmarie. I like the distressed touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and I love your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete